YAM MOUSSE (for 2* 160mm diameter charlotte)
|200g simple syrup (1:1)||300g yam|
|4 leaves gelatin||375g whipping cream|
- Steam yam till cooked and blitz in food processor to form a sticky paste- if necessary, loosen with a little simple syrup.
- Heat the simple syrup till just boiling and whisk in bloomed gelatin leaves.
- Whisk yam paste into simple syrup and allow to cool.
- Whisk cream up till just before soft peaks (as it needs to be whisked quite vigorously to incorporate it into the yam paste, and don't want the cream to curdle).
- When the yam paste reaches around 20°C, whisk in a third of the cream until well incorporated.
- Whisk remaining cream to medium peaks and fold into yam paste; the mousse should be close to its setting temperature.
COCONUT JELLY (for 2* 160mm diameter charlotte)
|50g coconut cream||50g whipping cream|
|2 leaves gelatin||50g simple syrup (1:1)|
- Heat the simple syrup with a pinch of salt till just boiling and whisk in bloomed gelatin leaves.
- Whisk in coconut cream and simple syrup and allow to cool to room temperature before pouring over charlotte.
Tis a sad thing, but I am definitely feeling the limitations of my culinary education. I can make charlottes and entremets, but what about the all-important gateaux? My posts are all starting to look a little plain and repetitive.